Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Monsters under your bed

Monsters under your bed…..




Growing up some, if not most kids had the ordeal of bedtime….the scare factor of the dark, the creepy noises of the wind, a creek in the floor…or as innocent as noises from the next room or from downstairs….growing up we learned of the monsters in our closets or maybe you had that monster under your bed…we clutched our blankets with dear life and prayed that the blanket, bear or whatever you white knuckle clutched would be the sense of security enough to hold off any monsters or demons waiting to pounce on us…



Getting older, we still have monsters…monsters that make their ugly twisted way into our heads and hearts…putting thoughts in our minds, either it be self-doubt, self-pity….or whatever it may be….it’s there…the damn monsters haven’t left…..



I’m facing my monsters….I’m facing my monster….



It’s a ting of pain at moments, it’s a numbness at other times….it’s a feeling of remorse, regret, overwhelming me at times….and it’s a wonder of why……



I found this today:

It’s going to hurt. That’s the truth of it. It will hurt two hours later and in a few months. When you’re alone and when you find yourself surrounded by dozens of people. When you see him and when you don’t. At three in the morning and at three in the afternoon the following day. It’s going to hurt every second for a really long time, not because you are too weak to let it go, but because it’s normal. Heartbreak doesn’t heal when you want it to. It happens over time, and some days it will feel like that feeling you carry is never going to go away, but it will. One day, when you least expect it, you’ll wake up and find that you’re not angry anymore. You won’t be familiar with it or understand the feeling, but you’ll know the difference. And then you can say that you made it



I like it….it’s simple…it’s something I can relate to without thinking that I’m going crazy….

I’m dealing with monsters….the ugly ugly monster…

No blanket with help

No nightlight will kill it….



It’s under my bed, and in my soul….

No comments:

Post a Comment